1. cut the onions into thin rings and roast them in oil until golden brown, drain on kitchen paper.
2. Cut the unpeeled melanzane into 1 cm thick slices, season lightly with salt and leave for 30 min.
3. blanch (scald) the tomatoes, peel and strain through a sieve.
4. rub the melanzane slices dry, fry in hot oil and drain on kitchen paper
5. season the cottage cheese with the curry mixture and fry it in the remaining oil for three to five minutes until it becomes a creamy mixture.
6. In a dish, alternate layers of melanzane and cheese-herb mixture, finishing with a layer of melanzane.
7. pour the tomato sauce over it, season lightly with salt and simmer on a low flame for 20 minutes with the lid closed.
8. take off the lid and make another five min
9. garnish with the fried onions and bring to the table.
For 3 to 4 people